Zucchini Sushi Rolls
This recipe from Laila Ali puts a unique vegan spin on sushi rolls.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
½ cup cashews, soaked overnight in water
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
3–4 zucchini (each yield 6–8 slices)
2 carrots, sliced into match sticks
1 cucumber, seeds removed and sliced into match sticks
4 medium red peppers, sliced
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
1 small batch of cilantro
- Drain cashews and put into food processor with sesame oil
- Process until cashews are a soft paste but still have some texture
Note: Depending on how long the cashews were soaked, you may need to add a tablespoon of water to get the right consistency.
- Chop the ends of the zucchini and use a vegetable peeler to peel them into long thin strips
- Lay zucchini strips flat and add a small spoonful of cashew mixture onto one of the ends of zucchini
- Add a few matchsticks of veggies, avocado and a couple of pieces of cilantro
- Roll up and enjoy!
Chef Tip: Soaking the cashews in water for a few hours or overnight will help soften them and make it easier to process them. You can skip this step if you are short on time.