Spring Party Sippers: 3 Refreshing Recipes
Cheers to spring! Liven up your next party with these 3 refreshingly simple drink recipes.
The weather’s getting warmer and – naturally – the drinks are getting colder. Whether you need a refreshing beverage to serve at a baby shower, graduation party, barbecue or just to enjoy while lounging in a hammock, here are three refreshing recipes made with deliciously simple ingredients.
1. Lavender Lemonade
Give your childhood side hustle a sophisticated twist with calming, fragrant lavender.
Ingredients1 cup water
1 cup sugar
2 drops food-grade lavender essential oil, 1 tablespoon culinary dried lavender or 10 sprigs fresh lavender (be sure it hasn’t been treated with pesticides!)
1 cup lemon juice (about 6 lemons juiced)
3 cups sparkling or still water
- Make a simple syrup by combining 1 cup water and sugar in a small pot. Add lavender if using fresh or dried
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Let mixture cool to room temperature
- If using dried or fresh lavender, strain it from simple syrup
- Combine simple syrup, lemon juice and water in a pitcher. If using essential oil, add two drops
- Serve with ice and garnish with lemon slices and/or lavender
- Put grapefruit juice in a pot and bring to a slight boil
- Remove from heat and add rosemary. Mix and let sit for 30 to 60 minutes
- Remove rosemary sprigs and chill in the refrigerator until cold
- Serve over ice, topping ¼ cup grapefruit juice with 1 cup of sparkling water
- Garnish with rosemary
- Wash, pit and slice the peach. Add slices to a bowl, along with ginger and sugar. Stir to coach peaches and let sit for 20 to 30 minutes
- In a small pot, add 2½ cups water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add the tea bags, cover and let steep until the tea is room temperature. Remove tea bags, but don’t squeeze, as that will make your tea bitter
- Fill a 2-quart pitcher a third of the way with ice. Add peach mixture, along with any remaining peach juice. Add the tea concentrate and fill the rest of the pitcher with water. Chill for at least an hour before serving
A simpler method? Add lavender essential oil to premade lemonade. Done.
2. Grapefruit Rosemary Fizz
Skip ho-hum punch for a drink that packs a punch! This lively drink is sweet, tart and gorgeous to boot!
2 cups grapefruit juice
4 sprigs fresh rosemary
8 cups sparkling water
Additional rosemary sprigs for garnish (optional)
TIP: Keep the garden-inspired grooves going during the after-party cleanup with our collection of plant-based dish soaps, available in lavender, rosemary and lemon scents. Learn more here.
3. Ginger Peach Iced Tea
You don’t need to be a Southern belle to concoct this tasty tea.
2½ cups water
4 to 6 tea bags (regular or decaf)
1 large fresh peach
2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, peeled and zested
1 tablespoon sugar (add more or less to taste)
Mint leaves for garnish (optional)
TIP: As you prep these party sippers, sticky juice spills on countertops may be inevitable, but cleanup is a breeze. Clean as you go with Home Made Simple Multi-Purpose Cleaner in soothing Lavender Scent, crafted with plant-based ingredients.