Painted Brick Bookends
We’re wild about these fun and funky animal-themed bookends.
Difficulty: Easy (it’s best to do this project in a well-ventilated area)
(2) cans of spray paint in different colors
(1) can of metallic spray paint
(2) scrap pieces of cardboard (preferably longer than the length of the brick)
- Lay the bricks and toy animals on your work surface. On each brick, add four stoppers to the corners of the bricks to ensure the bricks don’t scratch the shelf surface when they are displayed
- Squeeze a dollop of two-part epoxy onto a scrap piece of cardboard
- Mix the epoxy with a craft stick. Apply a small amount of epoxy to the feet of a toy animal and stick it on a brick. Repeat with the remaining bricks and toy animals
- Allow all bricks to dry for about 3 minutes
- Spray the first spray paint color all over the first two bricks and toy animals. Then spray the second spray paint color all over the second two bricks and toy animals. The bricks do not need to be dry to complete the following step
- Line up the scrap cardboard with the edge of the brick, leaving about ¾" to 1" of brick exposed at the bottom. Spray the metallic spray paint on the exposed brick. Repeat for the remaining three sides of the brick
- Repeat step 6 for the remaining three bricks
- Set aside for 2 hours to dry
Note: Two-part epoxy dries in about 2 minutes, so work quickly.