50/50 Project: Patterned Tile Wall Mirror
Adding patterned wall art is simple and easy with this geometrically themed wall mirror.
Plywood at ½" × 36" × 36"
Fabric of choice, cut to 35½" × 35½"
(4) 1" × 2" × 36" wood trim
½" all-purpose screws
1" finishing nails
- Place the fabric on the plywood, ensuring ½" excess fabric extends past all sides. Fold the fabric in half with right sides facing, and spray the adhesive onto the plywood
- Fold the fabric back onto the plywood. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to adhere the other half of the fabric to the plywood, and run your hands over the fabric to remove any bubbles
- Place the trims around the perimeter of the plywood. Grab two of the pieces, add a dab of glue to the corner and adhere the two together. Nail once with a nail gun
- Repeat step 3 until the frame is complete
- Once the frame is finished, place it flush with the edges of the plywood and nail it into place from underneath the plywood every 3"
- Once finished, use a detail knife to cut out a piece of fabric in the middle about 14" × 14" to expose the plywood
- Place the cleat (screws down, open side up) onto the plywood, 1½" below the fabric. Secure it in place with ½" all-purpose screws. Glue the longer cleat to the mirror (screws up, open side down)
- Apply Mirror Mastic all over the exposed plywood, avoiding the cleat. Place the mirror onto the plywood so that the cleats meet and lock
- Hang the mirror in the desired place