Music-Themed Word Art
Use precut wooden letters and painter’s tape to create a fun and funky wall display.
Precut wooden letters (to spell a desired word or name; purchase doubles to create a 3-D effect with some letters)
Spacers (we used colored pencils)
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
2"-wide painter’s tape
Give Chosen Letters a 3-D Effect
1. Our spacers are made from equally cut 1" pieces of colored pencils for a little extra color! Letters are precut and purchased from the hardware store. To make some letters pop, purchase doubles to create a 3-D effect!
2. Using a hot glue gun, place a dab of glue in the top and bottom corners of the desired letter. Place the spacers on the glue dabs
3. Add another dab of glue on top of each spacer, and attach the matching letter on top of the spacers to create a 3-D effect
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for all letters for which you want to have a 3-D effect
Preparing the Wall
5. Find the center of the wall where the letters will be hung. Apply painter’s tape to the wall in horizontal lines, ½" apart. This will create a music staff
6. Generously paint over the tape to create the music lines. Allow to dry for one hour before removing the tape to reveal clean, straight lines
7. Hang letters in a staggered-depth pattern, using a hammer and nails. Our precut letters come prepared with indentations on the back to be hung, much like a picture frame