Modern Painted Rocks
Bring an earthy, modern vibe to any room with river rocks painted in cool pastels and metallic stripes.
Medium to large smooth river rocks
Small disposable plastic or paper cups
Metallic spray paint
Acrylic spray paint in desired colors
Note: It is best to complete this project in a well-ventilated area.Steps
- Cover your workspace. Cover half of a river rock with painter’s tape. Repeat for all rocks
- Put on a facemask and rubber gloves. Place rocks, tape side down, inside disposable cups. Spray each rock in the desired color of spray paint
- Set aside to dry for 10 minutes
- Once the rocks are dry, completely cover the painted side of the rocks with painter’s tape. Then completely cover the other side of the rocks with painter’s tape, leaving a thin stripe of exposed rock where desired
- Spray metallic spray paint on the exposed area of the rocks to create a nice stripe
- Set aside for 10 minutes to dry
- Remove the tape
Designer Tip: As depicted above, you can get creative with where to place the metallic stripes. You can also place stripes on the painted areas – just make sure the base coat of paint is completely dry before repainting it.