Growth Chart Ruler
Complete your nursery décor with a customizable growth chart to track your child’s height throughout the years.
6' raw oak wood plank
(12) 2" × ½" pieces of precut thin wood molding
(6) 3" × ½" pieces of precut thin wood molding
(6) 4½" × 3/8" pieces of precut thin wood molding
6" wood block numbers (numbers 1 through 6, prepainted white)
Wood stain in desired shade
- Stain the wood plank with a paintbrush, and wipe away any excess stain with a dry rag
- Using a pencil, measure and mark foot and inch increments on the wood plank
- Place the trim molding. First, place the large 4½" × 3/8" molding pieces at every foot mark. Then place the medium 3" × ½" molding pieces at every 6" mark between the large molding pieces. Lastly, place the 2" × ½" small molding pieces at the remaining inch marks
- Glue the molding in place. Allow to dry for 20 minutes
- Use the tape measure to line up the wooden numbers with their correct foot marks
- Use wood glue to adhere the wooden numbers to the wood plank. Allow to dry
- Hang and enjoy!
Design Tip: Your foot and inch marks should take into account how high the wood plank will hang from the floor. Our finished piece was hung about 8" from the floor, so we started marking feet and inches at the 9" mark.