DIY Tinted Windows
Block unwanted sunlight glare with custom-made tinted windows.
Window film application solution
- Spray the window slats generously with glass cleaner
- Wrap a paper towel around the scraping tool to wipe away the glass cleaner and remove dirt from the window slat surface
- To make sure the window slats are completely clean, spray them a second time with glass cleaner and use a rubber squeegee to remove the liquid
- Unroll the film on a clean, flat surface. Place the window slat on the film to determine the size of film to cut
- Use scissors to cut the film, leaving a little excess (we will cut to size later)
- With the film still lying on a clean surface, pull away the liner and generously spray the film and the window with application solution
- Pick up the film by the top two corners and carefully lay the wet side against the wet glass
- Keep the top edge level with the outer edges overlapping the frame. The film will flow smoothly onto the glass
- Smooth out any air bubbles with your hand
- Cut the excess film to fit the window slats, and let the application spray dry
- Reinstall the window slats in the window and enjoy!