Create a gorgeous mural without picking up a paintbrush – just use your feet!
Difficulty: Easy (we suggest making this project outside with multiple people)
9' × 9' pre-primed drop cloth
Paint in 5 different colors
Boot covers or old, disposable shoes
Water and rag
- Spread the tarp on the ground. Secure the drop cloth on top of the tarp with painter’s tape
- Draw the desired pattern with watercolor pencils
- Pour the different paint colors into the paint trays and place them around the drop cloth
- Put on boot covers or old shoes, and dip one foot into one paint color.Trace the
design you drew in step 2
- Depending on the design, dip your other foot into the next paint color as needed
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until the design is complete
- Remove the boot covers and wash off any paint that may have gotten on your body using water and a rag
- Let the paint dry overnight before hanging the mural in the desired area
Designer Tip: For those working on this project alone, it’s best to switch boot covers or shoes when dipping into the third, fourth and fifth colors to avoid mixing colors or creating a slipping hazard.