Custom Entertainment Center
Add charm and style to a prepurchased entertainment center by installing trim molding.
Note: The provided measurements for all trim molding pieces are based on the entertainment center we customized. You will need to adjust the measurements of your own trim molding based on the entertainment center you purchase.
Prepurchased entertainment center
(1) 5' trim molding piece for the lower center
(2) 4" trim molding pieces for the lower center sides
(2) 3' trim molding pieces for the lower front sides
(2) 1' trim molding pieces for the lower outsides
(1) 11' trim molding piece for the top front
(2) 1' trim molding pieces for the upper outsides
2" × 2" × 5½' plywood board with 2 attached 1" × 1" × 1' wood planks on each edge
1" brad nails
1" wood screws
- Build the prepurchased entertainment center. Once you’re finished, it’s time to install all the molding pieces
- Using a shimmy, place the 5' lower center piece on the bottom center space of the entertainment center
- Use the nail gun to attach the 5' lower center piece to the entertainment center with brad nails spaced every 12"
- Place the shimmy under the left side of the 5' lower center piece. Place the 4" lower center side pieces to the left and right of the lower center piece
- Attach the 4" lower center side pieces, nailing into both the entertainment center frame and the 5' lower center piece with brad nails
- Place the 3' lower front side pieces on the entertainment center, and attach with nails
- Move the shimmies to the bottom right and left edges, insert them and then attach the 3' lower outside pieces
- Place the 5½' plywood piece with the attached planks on top of the entertainment center with the attached planks facing up
- Nail the plywood to the entertainment center on each side
- Next, place the 11' top front piece
- Attach the top front piece to the top of the entire entertainment center with brad nails spaced every 12"
- Place and nail the upper outside pieces to the entertainment center
- Add all the shelves to the entertainment center
- Place your television, electronics, pictures, etc. in the entertainment center
Note: The 5½' plywood piece has two wood pieces attached to the edges of each end, used as plank extenders.