Cheddar Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Laila shares a quick and tasty recipe to spice up leftover chicken.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium red onion, chopped
3 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 cups Green Salsa or good-quality store-bought salsa
1 cup crumbled tortilla chips
¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Sliced scallions or chopped fresh cilantro
Chopped red onion
Chopped fresh tomato
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes
- Add the chicken and salsa and cook until heated through
- Top with the tortilla chips and the cheese. Cover and cook until the cheese has melted
- Garnish as desired and serve
Kitchen Hack: This is the perfect recipe for leftover chicken you have in the fridge.
Chef’s Tip: Turn the dish into a chicken and rice or quinoa skillet by swapping out the chips for rice or quinoa. (Stir it in rather than adding it at the end.) Or swap in riced cauliflower for a grain-free skillet dish.