12 DIY Organization Hacks For Your Bathroom
Use our 12 do-it-yourself tips to organize your bathroom – no matter the size.
Unfortunately, there's no magic wand you can wave to organize your bathroom and keep it clutter-free.
So while the bathroom might always be a little chaotic – it is a room we all have to use every day – these organization ideas will hopefully help you keep it a little tidier.
How to organize large or master bathrooms
- Move a bookshelf into the bathroom to allow extra room for mixing decorative accents with everyday, useful items
- Lean a wooden ladder against the wall and attach with brackets. Add wider pieces of wood to the steps for additional shelf space
- Add a travel chest or trunk for a rustic accent piece that doubles as a useful place to store towels and linens
- If space allows, consider incorporating a cushioned storage bench for added comfort
- Repurpose a dresser, and assign a drawer to each family member to store their bathroom-related belongings
How to organize small bathrooms
- Designate one basket for storing items you use every day. Keep it in the linen closet or under the sink for easy access
- Hang a mirror on the back of the bathroom door or inside the medicine cabinet to create an additional space another person can use
- Purchase over-the-toilet shelving
Organization for all spaces
- Use apothecary or Mason jars to store cotton balls and other items. They’re decorative and also show you when supplies are low
- Organize towels by color, size and type. If you’re crunched for space, store extras in a guest room closet or on a shelf in the linen closet
- If you have an especially busy bathroom, create a family schedule so everyone can use the bathroom in harmony
- Purchase or make a decorative toilet paper holder for your rolls to add storage and design