50/50 Project: DIY Animal Stencil Hook Rack
Hang towels, blankets or accessories within easy reach with this adorable animal-themed hook rack.
Wood stain in desired shade
Paintbrush for applying stain
Paper towels or rag
Oak wood plank, cut to 24"
1 bottle of white acrylic paint
5 white robe hooks
Drywall screws and anchors
- Print animal silhouettes onto cardstock to make templates (do an online image search to find ones you like). Use a precision knife to cut out the silhouette of each animal from the cardstock
- Stain the wood plank with wood stain in your desired stain and a paintbrush. Use paper towels or a dry rag to wipe away the excess stain. Allow the wood plank to dry
- Place the animal silhouette templates on the wood plank, using the ruler to space them evenly. Tape the templates in place
- Trace the animal silhouettes onto the wood plank with a pencil
- Remove the templates. Using a detail paintbrush, trace the pencil shapes in white paint. Fill in the shapes with the small paintbrush. Allow paint to dry
- Install the robe hooks where the animals’ tails would be
- Hang the rack using the drill, drywall screws and anchors
Design tip: Paint the screws the same color as the animal and hook so they blend in.