May 16, 2012
to enjoy enhanced features like these.
1. Apron: With so many flavorful sauces around, grill-outs are prone to spills and splatters. But sport your trusty bib apron, and they’re less likely to stain your outfit.
2. Skewers: For cooking the grilled favorite, kebabs. Get more bang for your buck with metal skewers; they last longer, and can tolerate higher temperatures.
Tip: With the right gear, you can be your own grill master. In addition to skewers, have these must-have grilling tools handy.
3. Paper Towels: Flame-grilled fare is often easier—and more fun—to eat with your hands. Just be sure to have paper towels nearby for cleaning sticky fingers and faces.
Give each grill-out a clean start with Dawn® Grill Cleaner. Its specially designed foam spray helps penetrate the toughest grill grease, making it easy to wipe away. Beyond the grill, it's great for dishes, pots and pans.
4. Condiments: Offer one entrée with a smorgasbord of fixings; it keeps the grilling simple, plus lets diners build their perfect bite. Think compound butters for corn on the cob and steak, flavored mustards for hot dogs, and assorted pickles for burgers.
Tip: With a pinch of this and a dash of that, spice up condiments already in your fridge.
5. Aluminum Foil: Keep delicate ingredients like fish and pre-cut veggies from falling through the grates by grilling them in foil packets. For an extra burst of flavor, add olive oil, lemon juice and your favorite fresh herbs before sealing.
Tip: To smoke foods on a gas grill, encase wood chips in a foil packet, poke holes in the top, and place it under the grates for the duration of cooking.
6. Grill Cleaner: Clean, oiled grates help keep foods from sticking. So lightly coat them with cooking spray or olive oil before grilling, and wipe them down after each use, once cooled.
7. Seating: Folding lawn chairs store easily, game blankets double as entertainment and beach towels work in a pinch. Since cookouts can quickly draw a crowd, ask friends and family to bring extra seats, too.
8. Serving Dishes: Serve hot-off-the-grill foods from platters, or save tabletop space with a tiered cake stand. Line a basket with a pretty tea towel for holding buns and other breads, and fill spare jars with toppings.
Did we miss anything? Tell us what essentials you can’t grill without.
8 Essentials for Summer Entertaining
Perfect Picnic & Grill-Out Recipes
This page is enhanced with social features that allow you to share content via Facebook,
Twitter, Pinterest and G+. Those sharing features are governed by the terms
and policies of those social platforms. Clicking "Continue" may share your personal
data with these social media platforms without further action by you.
Help keep your home safe for everyone. It's easy to get started; request your Tide Pods tub over-the-lid re-sealable sticker that is intended to help to prevent accidental access to the product.
Join our community for daily inspiration & advice for home.
Get solutions, deals, and cleaning tips directly from home experts.
Visit our channel for quick and easy how-to videos.
Sign up for our free emails & get the latest recipes, projects and special offers.
Subscribe to our feeds & receive automatic updates on your favorite content.
Find coupons, product samples, expert advice and more.
Get deals and personalized newsletters from Pampers®.
Popular brands Seen on Home Made Simple
Home Made Simple® is a registered trademark of Procter & Gamble. Photos Used With Permission.
All copy and claims valid in Canada and the U.S.
©2013 Procter & Gamble