October 29, 2012
to enjoy enhanced features like these.
1. Chocolate Leaves: Garnish desserts with minty chocolate leaves. With a small pastry brush, paint backs of mint leaves (leave some stem intact) with melted chocolate. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then drape
leaves over a rounded utensil handle or chopstick and refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes. Hold the stems and carefully peel off mint leaves.
Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use, for up to 2 days.
Top individual desserts such as cupcakes, tartlets and crème brulee with single overturned berries.
2. Fancy Sauce: Use reusable plastic condiment bottles or even an old ketchup bottle that has been thoroughly washed to decorate food
plates or serving dishes. Any thin sauce, from balsamic reduction to Thai peanut sauce, can be used to
label a large platter or make an attractive swirl on a plate.
From big spills to little sticky faces, clean up kitchen messes with less. Bounty® Select-A-Size paper towels pack a lot of power into a small sheet, so you can use less. When you take on messes with Bounty you can take on more of life. Bring it.
3. Flavor Boosters: These serve double duty when used for decorating food platters. Lemon, lime and orange slices complement fish both in flavor and aesthetically.
Sprinkle fresh leafy herbs like cilantro or parsley on sides of plates, and spices like fresh ground pepper, cinnamon or curry powder on rims of dishes that contain the same
To make fanciful citrus twists, use a vegetable peeler or channel knife to cut off strips of fruit peel, being careful not to cut into the pith. Twist the
ends of each in opposite directions to create a curl.
4. Wrapped Vegetables: Create an impressive presentation for vegetables by wrapping them in bacon, prosciutto or pastry dough. Any long or
stalk vegetable will work, like whole carrots, green beans, asparagus or thinly sliced zucchini. When using pastry dough, cut into long strips and wrap
around partially cooked vegetables. Finish with
a bow, or twist or braid strips together before wrapping. Bake according to package directions until pastry is golden brown and vegetables are al dente.
Cook and dine without worrying about kitchen clean up, because you have help. Cascade Complete® Pacs scrub away tough foods, no pre-rinse needed. So you can focus on making and sharing meals–and memories.
5. Fruit & Veggie Bowls: Instead of traditional dinnerware, serve soups, fruit and grain-based dishes in colorful bowls made of produce. Fruits and vegetables that you might normally bake make beautiful comfort food presentations. De-seed winter squash or small pumpkins, leaving the flesh, and sprinkle with salt. Bake at 350°F for 30-45 minutes, until tender, then fill with savory grain salad or stuffing. Or hollow out melons, leaving about an inch of colorful flesh, and fill with yogurt, melon gazpacho or fruit salad. You can also use colorful hollowed-out bell peppers as bowls for condiments, salad dressing and sauces.
Tip: Use hollow peppers as colorful vases, too. Tuck bright white flowers inside a row of them for a quick table decoration.
Kelly Davis is a home-cook, blogger, freelance writer, and food enthusiast. When she's not training for a race or cooking something delicious in the kitchen, she's writing, reading, snuggling her dachshund, or plotting her next project. You can keep up with Kelly's antics and recipes on her blog, Foodie Fresh.
Tune in to OWN every Saturday at 9am/8c for the Home Made Simple TV Series! Join host, Paige Davis, and her team of experts as they help everyday families and friends simplify their homes and lives.
Food Presentation Tips
Tiny Trios: Bite-Sized Desserts
This page is enhanced with social features that allow you to share content via Facebook,
Twitter, Pinterest and G+. Those sharing features are governed by the terms
and policies of those social platforms. Clicking "Continue" may share your personal
data with these social media platforms without further action by you.
Help keep your home safe for everyone. It's easy to get started; request your Tide Pods tub over-the-lid re-sealable sticker that is intended to help to prevent accidental access to the product.
Join our community for daily inspiration & advice for home.
Get solutions, deals, and cleaning tips directly from home experts.
Visit our channel for quick and easy how-to videos.
Sign up for our free emails & get the latest recipes, projects and special offers.
Subscribe to our feeds & receive automatic updates on your favorite content.
Get $13 in savings from some of your favorite brands.
Get deals and personalized newsletters from Pampers®.
Find coupons, product samples, expert advice and more.
Popular brands Seen on Home Made Simple
Home Made Simple® is a registered trademark of Procter & Gamble. Photos Used With Permission.
All copy and claims valid in Canada and the U.S.
©2013 Procter & Gamble