September 18, 2012
to enjoy enhanced features like these.
1. Cardboard Tube Napkin Rings: Cut an empty paper towel, toilet paper or even wrapping paper tube into sections. Then decorate them: Wrap
in twine or yarn (just hot glue down each end); cover with burlap or felt; or decoupage with fabric, craft paper or wallpaper scraps. Write on names in white puffy paint or
permanent marker, and you’ve got both a napkin ring and a place card.
2. Twine Napkin Rings: For a rustic look that’s perfect for autumn, wrap twine around your napkin rolls a few times, then tie in a bow. You
can also wrap a small piece of fabric around your napkin before you add the twine to create interesting layers.
3. Pumpkin Napkin Rings: Attach a circular bit to a power drill, then carefully drill large holes through small decorative pumpkins. Thread your napkin rolls through them and set in the center of your plates.
Tip: You can also drill holes through small dried gourds.
4. Organic Napkin Rings: For fun DIY napkin rings, look outside—nature provides the perfect color palette for decorating! Wrap beautifully colored leaves (but not ones that are too crunchy) around napkin rolls, secure with ribbon and you’re done.
Tip: No time to collect leaves? Make your own from paper, fabric or foil using our free leaf templates.
5. Spiced Napkin Rings: Take a few cinnamon sticks, place them on top of a napkin roll, and secure with twine to create a decorative and fragrant napkin ring. Or make a napkin ring that doubles as a favor: Tie on a mulling spice sachet, along with handwritten recipes for mulled apple cider and tea.
Carrie Harris is the founder and editor of A Sweet Spot: Home, a lifestyle blog that specializes in the areas of baking, entertaining, tabletop design, cooking, and photography. When not in the kitchen, Carrie loves to read, travel, and best of all, spend time with her husband and two kids.
Whether it's napkins for the table or dishtowels for the kitchen, keep fabrics smelling "wow" right up until the next wash. Just use Downy® UNSTOPABLES™ Shimmer, an in-wash scent booster with an enticing freshness that just won't quit.
Decorative Napkin Folding Techniques
Pretty Place Settings: Fall
Creative Centerpieces: Fall
This page is enhanced with social features that allow you to share content via Facebook,
Twitter, Pinterest and G+. Those sharing features are governed by the terms
and policies of those social platforms. Clicking "Continue" may share your personal
data with these social media platforms without further action by you.
Help keep your home safe for everyone. It's easy to get started; request your Tide Pods tub over-the-lid re-sealable sticker that is intended to help to prevent accidental access to the product.
Join our community for daily inspiration & advice for home.
Get solutions, deals, and cleaning tips directly from home experts.
Visit our channel for quick and easy how-to videos.
Sign up for our free emails & get the latest recipes, projects and special offers.
Subscribe to our feeds & receive automatic updates on your favorite content.
Get $13 in savings from some of your favorite brands.
Get deals and personalized newsletters from Pampers®.
Find coupons, product samples, expert advice and more.
Popular brands Seen on Home Made Simple
Home Made Simple® is a registered trademark of Procter & Gamble. Photos Used With Permission.
All copy and claims valid in Canada and the U.S.
©2013 Procter & Gamble