November 20, 2012
to enjoy enhanced features like these.
Outdoor messes can easily find their way indoors. Act fast to keep your home good as new.
1. Muddy Paw Prints: Playtime in melted snow may result in muddy paw prints. Have dogs first enter rooms with hard-surfaced floors so you can
wipe up liquids. If all entryways are carpeted, stash towels
outside the door to wipe and dry paws prior to entering the home.
Make sure you are stocked with carpet cleaning products if muddy paw prints do find their way to your carpet.
2. Accidents: During winter months, your dog may have a few accidents because of reluctance to brave the cold outdoors for a potty break.
If an accident occurs, blot any liquid, then sprinkle with baking soda and let sit for a couple hours to help absorb liquid in the carpet pad. Vacuum. Then
use a nontoxic carpet or upholstery stain remover according to the instructions.
This can seem like a constant cleaning chore. Use one of the following methods to remove hair quickly and efficiently.
1. Lint Brush: To quickly remove hair from furniture, use a lint roller.
Clear adhesive tape can be used in place of a lint roller.
2. Rubber Glove: While most commonly used for washing dishes, these can be used to wipe away pet hair easily. This method is effective and
Simplify your laundry routine with the 5-in-1 Bounce® Dryer Bar. It freshens, controls static, softens fabrics, helps repel pet hair and works automatically. All you have to do is stick it on a cleaned dryer drum. Try the Outdoor Fresh® scent–the classic smell of line-dried freshness.
dander not only makes a mess, it can aggravate allergies—especially during winter months. Try the following tips to reduce cat dander in your home.
1. Frequent Baths: To reduce cat dander, bathe your pet often. Use warm water, wash quickly and dry thoroughly with a towel to keep your
cat as warm as possible.
Before bath time, close the door and use a hair dryer to warm the air in that room.
2. Vacuum Dander: Between washings, use the hose on your vacuum to remove cat dander before it covers your furniture.
Christine Satterfield blogs about all things cleaning at iDreamofClean.net and SpringCleaning 365. Her goal is to help you spend less time cleaning so you can spend more times with the ones you love.
Pet Gift Ideas
10 Ways to Keep Pets Cozy
Homemade Pet Treats
This page is enhanced with social features that allow you to share content via Facebook,
Twitter, Pinterest and G+. Those sharing features are governed by the terms
and policies of those social platforms. Clicking "Continue" may share your personal
data with these social media platforms without further action by you.
Help keep your home safe for everyone. It's easy to get started; request your Tide Pods tub over-the-lid re-sealable sticker that is intended to help to prevent accidental access to the product.
Join our community for daily inspiration & advice for home.
Get solutions, deals, and cleaning tips directly from home experts.
Visit our channel for quick and easy how-to videos.
Sign up for our free emails & get the latest recipes, projects and special offers.
Subscribe to our feeds & receive automatic updates on your favorite content.
Get $13 in savings from some of your favorite brands.
Get deals and personalized newsletters from Pampers®.
Find coupons, product samples, expert advice and more.
Popular brands Seen on Home Made Simple
Home Made Simple® is a registered trademark of Procter & Gamble. Photos Used With Permission.
All copy and claims valid in Canada and the U.S.
©2013 Procter & Gamble