December 6, 2012
to enjoy enhanced features like these.
16 whole cardamom pods, smashed
10 mL (2 teaspoons) mixed peppercorns
30 mL (2 tablespoons) fennel seeds
5 mL (1 teaspoon) coriander seeds
5 mL (1 teaspoon) whole cloves
4 cinnamon sticks, broken into large pieces
4 star anises
250 mL (1 cup) loose black tea
30 mL (2 tablespoons) finely chopped candied ginger
30 mL (2 tablespoons) dried orange peel (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
2. In a pie tin, combine smashed cardamom pods, peppercorns, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, cloves, cinnamon and star anises.
3. Toast spices in the oven for about 4-5 minutes, until fragrant.
4. Remove and let cool.
5. When cool, smash lightly with a rolling pin or crush with a mortar and pestle.
6. In a small bowl, mix together tea, candied ginger, orange peel and toasted spices.
7. Keep in an airtight container and use within 6 months. To serve, steep 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of chai spice mix in 250 mL (1 cup) boiling water for 5 minutes.
Start doing the dishes while foods cook, and you’ll have less to do after you eat. Get more out of your time at the sink with Dawn® Ultra dishwashing liquid with active suds. It cleans 2x more greasy dishes*, plus comes in fresh scents like Dawn® Apple Blossom Antibacterial Hand Soap.*per drop vs. the leading non-concentrated brand
250 mL (1 cup) water
125 mL (1/2 cup) milk
15 mL (1 tablespoon) chai spice mix
Honey, sugar or sweetener of your choice, to taste
1. Spoon 15 mL (1 tablespoon) chai spice mix into a fillable tea bag or tea ball and add to boiling water.
2. Let steep for about 5 minutes.
3. While tea is steeping, gently warm the milk on the stove or i the microwave.
4. Remove the tea bag or ball, add the milk and sweeten to taste.
Tip: For an easy iced chai, follow the above instructions, but don’t heat the milk. Serve over ice.
This chai spice mix makes a memorable gift for tea lovers. Spoon the mix into a small glass jar, tin or container and tie with decorative ribbon. Include a gift card with handwritten directions on how to prepare a fabulous chai latte. For an added touch, you can include a reusable tea ball or fillable tea bags.
Aly M. Cleary has made the leap from Louboutin to Le Creuset and details her culinary successes and mishaps at Cooking in Stilettos, a cooking and entertaining website for today’s busy fashionista.
Navigate the Grocery Store: Hot Tea 101
Sip: Mulling Spices
Easy Edible Gifts
This page is enhanced with social features that allow you to share content via Facebook,
Twitter, Pinterest and G+. Those sharing features are governed by the terms
and policies of those social platforms. Clicking "Continue" may share your personal
data with these social media platforms without further action by you.
Help keep your home safe for everyone. It's easy to get started; request your Tide Pods tub over-the-lid re-sealable sticker that is intended to help to prevent accidental access to the product.
Join our community for daily inspiration & advice for home.
Get solutions, deals, and cleaning tips directly from home experts.
Visit our channel for quick and easy how-to videos.
Sign up for our free emails & get the latest recipes, projects and special offers.
Subscribe to our feeds & receive automatic updates on your favorite content.
Get deals and personalized newsletters from Pampers®.
Find coupons, product samples, expert advice and more.
Get our free downloadable cleaning checklists.
Popular brands seen on Home Made Simple
Home Made Simple® is a registered trademark of Procter & Gamble. Photos Used With Permission.
All copy and claims valid in Canada and the U.S.
©2013 Procter & Gamble
Continue to the Home Made Simple page on »