February 4, 2007
to enjoy enhanced features like these.
Holiday Supplies Storage Hamper
Everyone has their own short-term solutions for storing gift-wrap and wrapping accessories like bows and tags. Even with the best craft storage intentions, wrapping can be a challenge to keep organized. Many times the necessary supplies end up scattered in various places around the home and aren’t right there when you need them.
Just follow these step-by-step instructions for creating a winter holiday craft storage hamper so your wrapping paper, bows, tags, ribbon, and more can go wherever you need them to, in one portable and organized container.
1. Purchase a plastic or woven wicker hamper with handles and a removable lid. It should be tall enough to hold tubes of wrapping paper upright, while still allowing you to close the lid.
Tip: If you choose a woven wicker hamper, look for one that’s lined with fabric to protect your supplies from tearing.
2. Attach hooks through holes in the wicker weave or at the top of the hamper for hanging various supplies. Here are a few options for using your hooks:
No-Sew Felt PocketMATERIALS
Felt in a festive color (12” x 9” if it is pre-cut)
Spool of 1/4-inch ribbon
3. Fill your hamper with various tubes of gift-wrap, tissue paper and a few flattened gift boxes in various sizes. Use fabric or sturdy plastic drawstring bags to hold boxes and tissue paper in their own separate compartments. This way, you won’t have to dig through the hamper to find the supplies your looking for. Simply grab the bag with the items you need.
4. Keep the hamper light so you can take it wherever it’s needed. Set-up your portable gift-wrapping station near your dining room table, in a rec room or family room. Look for areas with large spaces and flat surfaces so you can spread out.
5. Store the hamper in an easily accessible yet out-of-the-way place when not in use. Good craft storage options could be a linen closet, underneath a basement staircase or in a corner of your laundry room.
After the Holidays
After the winter holiday is over keep these ideas in mind to help make your holiday supplies storage hamper work for you all year round.
Creative Packaging Ideas: Holiday Embellishments
Holiday Season Survival Guide
Creative Packaging Ideas
This page is enhanced with social features that allow you to share content via Facebook,
Twitter, Pinterest and G+. Those sharing features are governed by the terms
and policies of those social platforms. Clicking "Continue" may share your personal
data with these social media platforms without further action by you.
Help keep your home safe for everyone. It's easy to get started; request your Tide Pods tub over-the-lid re-sealable sticker that is intended to help to prevent accidental access to the product.
Join our community for daily inspiration & advice for home.
Get solutions, deals, and cleaning tips directly from home experts.
Visit our channel for quick and easy how-to videos.
Sign up for our free emails & get the latest recipes, projects and special offers.
Subscribe to our feeds & receive automatic updates on your favorite content.
Get $13 in savings from some of your favorite brands.
Get deals and personalized newsletters from Pampers®.
Find coupons, product samples, expert advice and more.
Popular brands Seen on Home Made Simple
Home Made Simple® is a registered trademark of Procter & Gamble. Photos Used With Permission.
All copy and claims valid in Canada and the U.S.
©2013 Procter & Gamble